- GLG research addresses the scourge of algal blooms in the Great Lakes
- August 20, 2014
- Dr. Bruno Basso's research on optimizing agricultural use of fertilizer is a critical part of ameliorating toxic algal blooms in the Great Lakes.
- 2014 Newsletter
- July 25, 2014
- 2014 Newsletter
- GLG water research included in University ResearchCorridor report
- July 4, 2014
Dr. Bruno Basso's research was featured in the recent report of the
Michigan State University and its University Research Corridor partners protect Michigan’s precious water resources and enhance its “blue economy” through hundreds of millions of dollars in research and service, a new report shows.
The URC universities – MSU, the University of Michigan and Wayne State University – landed nearly $300 million in funding for water-related research and outreach from 2009 to 2013. The 2,100 awards led to innovations in a wide variety of areas, ranging from invasive species to monitoring water quality and finding ways to optimize water use in agriculture, according to “Innovating for the Blue Economy,” a report released today at the Detroit Regional Chamber’s Mackinac Policy Conference.- See more at: http://msutoday.msu.edu/glg-research-addresses-sourge-of-great-lakes-algal-blooms/2014/research-us-vital-to-michigans-blue-economy/#sthash.ltdnCRjg.dpuf
- The Geology of Michigan in 400 words
- June 25, 2014
- Dr. Danita Brandt recently described the geologic history of Michigan for the Lansing State Journal's weekly "Michigander" feature. This is her essay.
- The Clay Minerals Society; passing the gavel
- May 21, 2014
The Clay Minerals Society is an international organization devoted to the study of clays and clay minerals. Prof Velbel passes the gavel at the 51st meeting of the Clay Minerals Society.
- MSU Scientists speak out on climate change
- May 15, 2014
Dr. Bruno Basso is quoted in a recent press release from MSU.
- Department Undergrads Excel at UURAF
- April 4, 2014
GLG undergraduates were well represented at the annual University Undergraduate Research and Arts Forum and took home several top prizes.
- Basso discussion published in Nature Climate Change
- March 28, 2014
Prof. Bruno Basso’s discussion of “Temperature and drought effects on crop yields” recently appeared in the journal Nature Climate Change.
- Professor Emeritus Dr. Aureal Cross 1916-2013
- December 2, 2013
The Department lost a great colleague over the Thanksgiving holiday. Professor Emeritus Aureal T. Cross was a remarkable individual who touched many lives through his incredible career.
- Prof. Bruno Basso’s work featured in NSF Science Now
- November 2, 2013
Dr. Bruno Basso’s work with SALUS (Approach to Land Use Sustainability) continues to garner headlines.